Carrot, Ginger & Coconut Soup
As a chef it never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who buy packets of processed power soup. Making soup could not be easier and is most definitely fresher, healthier and better for you and your family. The Carrot, Ginger & Coconut Soup is a all year favorite of mine. Warming, flavorsome and nutritious. Give it a go and let us know what you think. It is take 10 minutes to make.
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 med onions peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 x clove garlic peeled & chopped
- 800g carrots peeled & chopped
- 1 x inch ginger peeled & chopped
- 1 x tin coconut milk (alternatively 1 spoon of coconut mass)
- Fry off onions and garlic in a large saucepan until colourless over a medium heat for 5 mins.
- Add carrots & ginger and cook for 5 mins. Add stock & coconut milk. Bring to the boil and simmer for ½ hr.
- Check veg is soft and blend.
- Check seasoning, adding salt & pepper to taste.