Vegan Chocolate Brownies
170g/6oz self-raising flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
170g/6oz caster sugar
5 tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
230ml/8fl oz sweetened soya milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Grease and flour a 20cm/8in square cake tin with some of the sunflower oil.
- In a bowl sift together the flour, salt, cocoa powder and sugar.
- Add the oil, soya milk and vanilla extract, and mix carefully together until completely mixed.
- Pour into the tin, and bake for about 25 minutes, until the brownies spring back when gently pressed.
- Leave to cool for five minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.